It is important to note that there are some specific requirements for English and Maths skills for those taking the locksmith apprenticeship.
What are the English & Maths Requirements?
The requirements are summed up in the graphic below (click to make larger)
What If I Don’t Meet The Requirements?
If the apprentice doesn’t meet these requirements then they can either get them before taking the apprenticeship (n.b. local college or further education centre) or they can take a course run by Skills for Security (depending on age there may be a cost associated with this).
It’s worth clarifying things before you sign up an apprentice, and further details can be found from contacting Skills for Security.
Recommended Further Reading
- I’m interested in becoming a locksmith what should I do?
- 10 Locksmith Career Tips from the MLA
- Information on all our MLA Locksmith Training Courses
- Interviews with current MLA Locksmiths
- Locksmith Training And Qualification Advice
Latest posts by Steffan George (see all)
- Interview with a Locksmith – Banham - September 23, 2016
- Interview with a Locksmith – IKS Locksmiths - June 24, 2016
- Master Locksmiths Association 2016 Handbook PDF Download - February 22, 2016