A introduction training course on Smart Security installation in residential and commercial property.
This year, 14% of homes had Smart Home products installed. With 24% forecast in 2018 – equating to a consumer spend of around $100 billion and 150 million homes – today is more important than ever for locksmiths to capitalise on this rapidly growing industry and not let electrical oracles monopolise the market.
With this in mind, the MLA has put together a training course on Smart Security, in partnership with Yale, Mul-T-Lock, Basson Group and others, to equip the locksmith with the tools to be not only ready, but to lead the ‘Smart’ security revolution.
What is Covered On This Course?
- Background to the Connected Security industry
- Overview of products available:-
- Digital Door Viewers
- Alarms – Telecommunications & Smart
- Smart/connected locks
- Surveying the home
- Upselling opportunities to maximise revenue
- Customer handover/care
Date and Venue of Course:
Date: 18th July 2016
Location: Master Locksmiths Association, 5D Great Central Way, Woodford Halse, Daventry,Northamptonshire, NN11 3PZ
Requirement: Open to MLA Members and NON MLA Members
Cost: £75 MLA Members | £100 NON MLA Members
Get there before anyone else !
In the US cable companies and internet providers are muscling in on the fitting of smart security so make sure you don’t lose out and bring yourself up to speed on what’s out there and the business opportunities provided.
And this isn’t a one off – here are some notable entrepreneurs who missed out on history’s tech revolutions! …
- 1. Joe Jackson was offered a role in Facebook’s early days, but declined after an internship offer at JP Morgan bank
- 2. Atari Games founder, Nolan Bushnell had the opportunity to invest $50,000 seed money in Apple. If he did, Nolan would’ve owned a third of Apple – something that is now worth around $480 billion
- 3. James Altucher, a Venture Capitalist was offered the chance to invest in 20% of Google and refused as believed the opportunity was too small – the world’s largest Search Engine is now worth around $370 billion
Ok, these are extreme examples, but nonetheless you could miss out on the next big thing in the locksmithing world!
How To Book:
Latest posts by Steffan George (see all)
- Interview with a Locksmith – Banham - September 23, 2016
- Interview with a Locksmith – IKS Locksmiths - June 24, 2016
- Master Locksmiths Association 2016 Handbook PDF Download - February 22, 2016